- A database quantifying man’s impact on the Earthby Katia Sepe on 21 Settembre 2022 at 02:00
The current climate crisis reminds us, every day, how vital it is to manage sustainably the consumption of energy and resources in favour of savings. Although it may be a subject that can raise awareness more or less all, that of climate change is such a vast and complex subject that it often falls into The post A database quantifying man’s impact on the Earth first appeared on SmartGreen Post | news about the environment.
- Flooding in Italy: the climate crisis is the greatest threat to citizensby Editorial Board on 17 Settembre 2022 at 02:00
It is now clear that the climate crisis is the greatest threat to the security of citizens. The proliferation of extreme and violent events, this year really hammering home the point, further highlights the inability to equip ourselves to deal with the causes and consequences of global warming. Mitigation (i.e. cutting emissions) and adaptation to The post Flooding in Italy: the climate crisis is the greatest threat to citizens first appeared on SmartGreen Post | news about the environment.
- Foods and cosmetics based on hemp, which are good for healthby Editorial Board on 8 Settembre 2022 at 02:00
The Canapa Contadina (the Italian for Country Hemp) will be the novelty of the year at Sana, the International Exhibition of Organic and Natural Products, held at the Bologna Exhibition Centre from today until 11th September. There are four sectors into which the event is divided: Sana Organic Food, Sana Care & Beauty, Sana Green The post Foods and cosmetics based on hemp, which are good for health first appeared on SmartGreen Post | news about the environment.
- From CAI an app for hiking loversby Editorial Board on 27 Agosto 2022 at 15:34
From today there is a new way to discover the Italian paths. The app “Digital Map of the CAI Italy Path” (mappadigitalesentieroitalia.it), created by Webmapp in collaboration with the Italian Alpine Club, offers itineraries specially designed for hiking that describe the physical and natural characteristics of the area in high fidelity. ‘With the Sentiero Italia The post From CAI an app for hiking lovers first appeared on SmartGreen Post | news about the environment.
- Historic litigation against fishmeal industry launches in Senegalby Greenpeace International on 22 Settembre 2022 at 13:26
‘Environmental litigation like this hardly happens in Senegal, or indeed in most of Africa. So this will be a historic test for our institutions and our citizens’ freedom to exercise their rights.’
- UN announcement on the FSO Safer salvage operations – Greenpeace Reactionby Greenpeace International on 21 Settembre 2022 at 17:14
The UN announces that it has received a total of USD 75 million in pledges from governments, the amount needed to launch the operation to salvage the FSO Safer.
- Harvard investigation reveals social media as the new frontier of climate deception and delay by Greenpeace International on 21 Settembre 2022 at 07:49
A new Harvard University investigation commissioned by Greenpeace Netherlands, reveals rampant use of greenwashing and tokenism by the largest car brands, airlines and oil and gas companies
- Global heat waves are fossil fuel-driven climate chaosby Chris Greenberg on 20 Settembre 2022 at 18:19
Unprecedented danger will be the new normal if we don’t take urgent action to stop fossil fuel-driven climate change.
- Storm Ian delays launch of Nasa’s Artemis I Moon rocketon 25 Settembre 2022 at 08:38
The launch of the American space agency’s big new Moon rocket is being delayed for the third time.
- Would more UK gas actually bring down prices?on 24 Settembre 2022 at 03:15
The government is committed to extracting more oil and gas in the North Sea.
- Climate change risk to coastal castles – English Heritageon 23 Settembre 2022 at 00:04
Rising sea levels are threatening ancient castles and forts at an accelerating rate, says English Heritage.
- Climate change: Spike in Amazon emissions linked to law enforcementon 22 Settembre 2022 at 23:00
Scientists say a huge increase in deforestation in the Amazon is linked to lax law enforcement.
- Dodging Blackouts, California Faces New Questions on Its Power Supplyby Ivan Penn on 25 Settembre 2022 at 09:00
Extreme heat is testing the way energy is generated, delivered and traded — and raising the prospect of perpetual emergencies.
- Tropical Storm Ian Could Hit Florida as a Major Hurricaneby The New York Times on 25 Settembre 2022 at 01:18
Gov. Ron DeSantis of Florida declared a state of emergency for the entire state ahead of the storm, which is expected to strengthen and could develop into a Category 3 hurricane by next week.
- Tropical Storm Gaston Expected to Weakenby The New York Times on 25 Settembre 2022 at 00:21
Forecasters said the storm, which was expected to bring rain to the Azores, would likely be downgraded to a post-tropical cyclone on Sunday.
- Fiona Hits Parts of Canada With Flooding, Power Failures and Destructionby The New York Times on 25 Settembre 2022 at 00:11
Forecasters described Fiona as “a historic storm” that slammed eastern Canada on Saturday. At least one person was missing after being swept out to sea, the police said.
- Air pollution can amplify negative effects of climate change, new study findson 23 Settembre 2022 at 19:30
The impacts of air pollution on human health, economies, and agriculture differ drastically depending on where on the planet the pollutants are emitted, according to a new study that found that In some cases, pollution co-emitted with CO2 can increase the social cost of carbon by as much as 66%.
- New research finds that viruses may have ‘eyes and ears’ on uson 23 Settembre 2022 at 19:30
New research suggests that viruses are using information from their environment to ‘decide’ when to sit tight inside their hosts and when to multiply and burst out, killing the host cell. Right now, viruses are exploiting the ability to monitor their environment to their benefit. But in the future, ‘we could exploit it to their detriment,’ said one of the authors.
- Simple process extracts valuable magnesium salt from seawateron 23 Settembre 2022 at 19:30
A new, simple, and efficient flow-based method allows researchers to pull a useful magnesium salt from natural seawater using easily available chemicals.
- An AI message decoder based on bacterial growth patternson 23 Settembre 2022 at 17:21
Depending on the initial conditions used, such as nutrient levels and space constraints, bacteria tend to grow in specific ways. Researchers have created a new type of encryption scheme based on how a virtual bacterial colony grows with specific initial conditions.
- Head of World Bank under pressure after White House condemns his ‘climate denial’ commentsby Fiona Harvey, Environment Correspondent on 25 Settembre 2022 at 08:00
David Malpass apologises after saying he ‘doesn’t know’ if he accepts climate scienceDavid Malpass, president of the World Bank, faces an uncertain future this week, after the White House joined a chorus of influential figures in condemning […]
- Chicken farm giant linked to River Wye decline was sued over water blight in USby Robin Eveleigh and Jon Ungoed-Thomas on 25 Settembre 2022 at 05:00
Cargill was taken to court 20 years ago in Oklahoma over the same pollution issue it is now linked to in UKOne of the world’s biggest food giants with a supply chain linked to the ecological decline of the River Wye faced claims over similar […]
- With another La Niña under way, experts warn Australia’s east coast remains at high riskby Lisa Cox on 24 Settembre 2022 at 20:00
If the latest event brings flooding, it will be the fourth NSW summer in a row marked by natural disaster; in Queensland, the fifth. Have we learned how to prepare and respond?Get our free news app, morning email briefing or daily news podcastLa […]
- In bloom: canola is top of the crops on NSW south-west slopes – in picturesby Fleur Connick Photography: Mike Bowers on 24 Settembre 2022 at 20:00
Despite the wet weather, the canola fields in southern New South Wales are bloomingGet our free news app, morning email briefing or daily news podcastContinue reading…